Name of the Metric:
Specific, something that you can look and know what it is right away.
State date & Due Date:
A Metric can be ongoing, some do have an end date but this is not mandatory.
This should outline what the data is looking to achieve or, where the data is coming from or, how this relates to the strategic plan. Although this field is not mandatory.
Who gets to see the goal, Team, Individual or personal - Team Metrics are assigned to the team and visible to all users within that team. The individual Metrics are assigned to the individual user and can only be seen by the user and other users with admin permissions.
Here we select the team that this Metric will fall under.
Who is the one person accountable for the Metrics success. There may be many people working towards the success of this Metric and they can be responsible for some information, but who is the one person who is accountable for its success
Currency or a number or a percentage
How many decimal places would you like this metric to show you? RESULTS.com allows up to 7 decimal places.
Average of values:
This is an average of all values in the in the data set - outlined by the "Reset Intervals"
This is the most recent value in the data set - outlined by the "Reset Intervals"
This is a SUM (Total added calculation) of the entire data set - outlined by the "Reset Intervals"
Resets the calculation of the values by preference
Are the days of work that need to be included in your goal if you set it to pro-rate
This when the Metric will show you a flag that displays in the top right corner of the Metric if data is not entered
Target Values & Metric Strategy:
This is where you set the thresholds for the data to display in Green, Yellow or Red. The "Target" field is the value you set when you would expect to see the number go Green. The "Warning" value is where you would expect the number to go Red. The value between the "Target" and the "Warning" is where you will be in the Yellow. You can enter these values to promote in either direction, for example, a Metric that counts down "Minimise" or a Metric that counts upwards "Maximize"
You must have a due date or a reset interval in order to use the Pro-Rating feature because Prorating needs an endpoint in order to calculate the values correctly. (The reset intervals cannot be "Never" or "Every day")
- My Data Always Starts at Zero - Tracking numbers upwards in an increasing count format, tracking how much work has been completed. Increase pro-rating format
- My Data Doesn't start at Zero - Tracking numbers from a higher number down to Zero, an example here is Accounts receivable, where you will start at a specific target number and tracking downwards in a decreasing count format. Decrease pro-rating format
- Nither/Both - this will turn off pro-rating and have an even target threshold through a period of time, or infinite time
The timezone you would like this Metric to align to
This will copy the data from another metric
This will allow you to create a goal with an equation, for example, you may want to track the number of total sales MINUS the customer acquisition costs for the month or the Total sales MINUS the sale value of repeat customers
Starring a Goal: If you choose to star this goal, it will show up on your dashboards under starred goals. It will also add your name to the information tab
Info: The information tab will give you your basic overview, the information you entered when you created the Project Goal and also who has starred the Goal
History: When you click into history You will see three new Tabs to display the "Graph" "Data" or "Threshold" information
- Graph - You can choose to display either the Bar graph or the line graph as your visual preference to display the information. You can also choose a data rage of information to display an array of data over a period of time and you can choose to display that array in a "Day" "Week" or "Month" format. The preferences you choose here will be kept from the last view you used in this metric on this device. If you change devices then it will revert to the systems default display, so you will have set reapply your settings on each device you use if you want to see the same view on all your devices
- Data - There is where you can manually input data, a data and a comment to refer to what this data is, specifically for example, if it is a sales/upsell you can input the name of the customer or a salesperson
- Threshold - This screen allows you to set thresholds in a date range format, for example, you may have foretasted monthly targets that differ from month to month and you might want to set these up for a 12 month period
Here is where you create the tasks that will lead you to complete your project
This is where you create any child goals that would be associated with this metric. Any child metrics you set up here will be able to use a roll-up the calculation. For instance, the Metric might be "Monthly Sales" as child metrics you can set up each salesperson as a child goal and their values will roll up to the parent metric giving a total number of sales for the month.
Gives you the goal properties, details about how the system calculates the information you enter.
You default notifications are applied to each goal, if you want to change those settings just for this Project then you can do so in the notification tab
Edit, Add child, Archive, Delete
This is the value of the metric that has been created and what data has been entered.
This is Pro-rated if you have a pro-rated metric, so where you potentially should be up to based on the amount of time you have set (must have a Start date and Due date). EG - 100 Days, after 10 days your target would be stating where you should be based on the values you have entered in the target