What is Connect?
Connect is the chat feature included in RESULTS.com which will become your digital portal to collaborate with your entire company whether they are sitting right next to each other or are on the other side of the world. Connect replaces the need to send internal email to one another and becomes live instant messaging for your business around goals, teams, groups, and one on one conversations with your colleagues.
What are the benefits of Using Results Connect
RESULTS Connect enables you to have ongoing conversations around business as usual to assist in eliminating silos and increasing efficiency in meetings.
What are the features?
In this article we'll cover:
There are a few ways to join conversations in Connect:
- From the Connect menu option, click on search icon and select the connection you would like to start chatting in
- From your individual or team dashboard, click on the star icon which appears on any of your goals, this will automatically add you to the conversation around that goal
- From a goal directly, by opening up any goal, you'll notice that you're able to contribute to the conversation and review conversations around that goal without having to navigate to the connect menu option.
TIP: Starting to have a conversation around a goal will only provide you with updates when logged into RESULTS, e.g. when navigating to the connect menu option, if there are new comments you'll see a number appear to the right of the connection indicating how many missed comments there are since last viewing it. If you'd like to receive email and mobile notifications when you're inactive (logged out of RESULTS) you will still want to star the goal.
- If you are @mentioned by someone else in a conversation this will automatically star this connection for you and you will begin to receive notifications of updates based on how you've setup your notification preferences as described below.
NOTE: You will only have access to Teams that you're a part of and you will only be able to star goals associated with Teams you're a part of unless you're a site admin.
Connect allows you to receive email notifications so that you don't miss messages when you're offline. In order to set these preferences you can go to the 'More' menu and click on Preferences.
Setting up notifications in your preferences will set your global default notifications. It's also possible to set custom notifications per connection. To do this, go to the connection you have in mind and click on the bell icon.
Beyond chat which is done via Comments in Connect, you'll have a few other actions available to you if you click on the drop-down arrow that you see next to comments.
- Questions - Can be used to tag any questions you have about a specific topic
- Decisions - Can be used to tag decisions that are made during a conversation you're having in Connect to refer back to
- Attachments - When adding a Comment, Question or Decision you’ll also have the option to add an attachment, including files over 10MB which many email clients fail to do, to any message you send through Connect.
- Bolding text - to bold your comments in connect, simply put an asterisk on either side of the text you would like to bold. Example: *bold*
- Italicizing text - to italicize your text in connect, place an underscore on either side of the text you wish to italicize. Example: _italicize_
Additionally, you will have the ability to like and reply on other people's posts in Connect.
Teams in Connect allow you to have conversations with any Teams that you've been added to in RESULTS. This will allow you to quickly collaborate with your co-workers around team ideas, suggestions, issues, etc.
One of the most powerful features of Connect, you're now able to keep all conversations around your goals in a single place instead of lost in email and various other chat tools. We recommend starring any goals that are at the top of your priority list so you can keep in the loop on progress and collaborate around them.
Groups in Connect allow you to create conversations around ad hoc topics that don't relate to your Teams or Goals. For example, say you have offices across several geographic regions and you create a group for each office. We at RESULTS also have a room for the "Daily Chuckle" where we post funny articles to share with the rest of the team.
To create a new Group, click on the search icon and select “New Group”. You’ll then have the option to invite other Team Members to that Group and decide whether or not you would like your Group to be private or public.
Users in Connect will allow you to have one-on-one conversations with any RESULTS user in your company. We recommend that you star all of your team members or managers and anyone that you need to collaborate with on a regular basis. Additionally, if a connection stars you they will automatically show up in your list of 1:1 conversations under Users.